Private Full-Day Red Sea Monasteries Tour from Hurghada
Discover Egypt's early Christian history and Coptic heritage with this full-day tour from Hurghada to the monasteries of Saint Anthony and Saint Paul. Built in the fourth and fifth centuries AD, they are Egypt's oldest Christian monasteries, dating back to the time when monks first began to settle along the Red Sea. Tour includes lunch.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - St. Anthony's Monastery (Deir Mar Antonios)
What's excluded :
- Grab forty winks in your comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle after you leave Hurghada at 3:30am for the 3-hour drive north to Saint Paul's Monastery. Set against the dramatic cliffs of the Eastern Desert plateau, the monastery is home to caves, where the hermit Saint Paul lived, as well as churches covered with stunning frescoes. Your private guide will explain the meaning of the site in Coptic Christianity.
Next, drive south for half an hour or so to the Monastery of Saint Anthony, the oldest monastery in Egypt and one of the oldest monasteries in the world. Established in the fourth century AD, it's home to several striking churches, a library, and the tiny cave where Saint Anthony lived as a hermit. It's still a working monastery where Egypt's Coptic Christians come for religious retreats.
Enjoy lunch and the dramatic desert scenery before returning to Hurghada. You'll arrive at your hotel at around 4:30pm.
Departure Point :Hurghada hotels
Departure Time :2:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point at approximately 4:30pm
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Multilingual Guide
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.