Private Half Day Teahupoo Boat Tour
Explore the lesser visited south-west coast of the island of Tahiti on a boat tour around the peninsula and Teahupoo. You will discover that there is more to Teahupoo than its world-famous waves. You'll see turquoise lagoons, rugged cliffs, hidden caves and spectacular waterfalls. Included is a hike through pristine rainforest that is only accessible by foot and there is also time for a swim and snorkel in the clear waters of the peninsula. Your adventure begins and ends at the Teahupoo Marina, located approximately 45 miles (75 km) from Papeete. You will need to make your own way to the marina to join the tour by hiring a car or renting a taxi (at own expense).
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Local guide
- Live commentary on board
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Teahupoo, the village at the end of the road, is known worldwide for its surf break and each year it attracts the world’s top surfers.
Meet your guide at Teahupoo Marina.
• First stop, the now world wide famous Teahupoo reefbreak and its history.
• By boat, you will head toward Fenua Aihere. This part of Tahiti, accessible only by boat, is a protected area with only a limited number of residence and visitors permitted. Here you will see a breathtaking and colorful landscapes, and gigantic mountain peaks.
• After tying the boat at the mouth of the Vaiau river, you'll take a 15-minutes hike through a forest of mape trees. The trail ends at the Vaipoiri Cave. Here you can relax and enjoy the stunning surroundings. Back to the boat, you will be served some fresh local fruits and drinks.
• Next, take a look at the Te Pari cliffs, a rough uninhabited area visited only by fishermen and hikers. On the way back to the marina, you’ll stop at a white sand bank where you will be able to snorkel in a waist high clear water.
Departure Point :Unnamed Road, French Polynesia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.