Private Hiking Day Trip from Kathmandu to Nagarkot and Changu Narayan
If you are looking for an easy adventure activity, this day trip is your best option. Escape the hustle and bustle of Kathmandu and explore the countryside. Witness how the local villages along the trail still remain unchanged and exhibit their traditional countryside lifestyle albeit being so close to the city.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Changu Narayan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Your tour guide will pick you up from your hotel in Kathmandu at around 8am. you will drive to Sankhu, which is approximately an hour away from Kathmandu Valley.
Upon arrival, you will visit Newari city to see Salinadi Temple and the Bajra Yogini Temple, representing the eldest of the four tantric goddesses, which was built around the 17th century. Religiously, it became famous since the 4th century for Hindus and Buddhist devotees. Visit the local Newari town then continue walking along many patches of jungles. Walk an uphill trail through scattered local mountain villages and farmlands to Nagarkot. This hike would take a minimum of 3.5 to 4 hours.
Arrive in Nagarkot in the afternoon where you will enjoy an authentic lunch. After lunch, visit the Nagarkot Tower. Nagarkot is a hill station from where you can see a great panorama of mountains over 2100 meters tall. One could see the breathtaking views of the major Himalayan peaks of Nepal like Manaslu, Ganesh, Langtang, Dorje Lakpa, sisa pagma, Choyu, Gauri Shankar. On a clear crystal day, one can even see the tip of Mt. Everest (8848 m) range.
Drive 15 minutes to reach Telkot from Nagarkot and hike towards Changu Narayan, a UNESCO World Heritage monument listed in 1979. It is said to have been built by King Hari Dutta in 323 AD. Your hike to Changu Narayan trails gradually descends through the terraced fields to Tamang Village. Here, local wine making is pretty common throughout the year.
At Changu Narayan, a vehicle will be waiting to transfer you back to your hotel.
Departure Point :Your Hotel in Kathmandu
Departure Time :8am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 14 years
- Youth or seniors must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.