Private North Tour to Jerash and Ajloun with Amman Sightseeing
Discover ancient civilizations from the Roman Empire and the Islamic era on this private day tour to Jerash Greco – Roman city and Ajloun Islamic Castle from Amman. Follow your guide through the streets of Jerash, considered among the best-preserved ancient Roman cities. Admire plazas, temples, theaters, and colonnaded avenues once abuzz with life under Roman rule. Discover settlements dating from the Bronze and Iron Age, gaze back over 2,500 years of human occupation. With your private guide to lead the way, choose your route to see the attractions of most interest. Continue to Ajloun, a hilltop medieval fortress built to defend against the Crusaders. Take a panoramic tour of Amman’s top attractions including the Citadel viewpoint, the downtown souks, and views of the city's mosques, churches, and historical Jabal Al-Webdeih and Jabal Amman ancient quarters, besides proceeding to the new modern part of Amman’s capital.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Private Transfer by air-conditioned leisure new vehicle according number of participants
- English-Speaking Driver
- Entrance fees to Jerash Roman Ruins and Ajloun Castle; if option Jordan Pass not selected
- Local English-Speaking Guide for the classic visit of Jerash
- Amman Panoramic visit with view point from the Citadel
- On board WI-FI
- Entry/Admission - Jerash Ruins
- Entry/Admission - Oval Plaza
- Entry/Admission - Ajloun Castle
What's excluded :
- All type of meals, unless option with lunch selected (Vegetarian meal by request)
- All type of beverages
- All type of gratuities (Tips to the Driver) – Recommended
- Personal Expenses
- Anything else not mentioned
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jerash Ruins, Jerash Jordan
Begin your private tour with a pick up from your central Amman hotel, and travel by comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle to Jerash with your own private English-Speaking Driver who doubles up as your guide. Wander among the original temples, theaters, plazas, paths, and colonnaded streets; all enclosed within the remaining city walls. Within the city walls have been found the remains of settlements dating from the Bronze Age, the Iron Age, the Hellenistic, Roman, Byzantine, Umayyad and Abbasid periods, indicating human occupation at this location for more than 2,500 years
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Oval Plaza, Archaeological Site Jerash, Jerash 26173 Jordan
A local English-Speaking Guide will be included for your classic 2 hours visit of this Roman Decapolis City of Jerash. This ancient city was one of the most prosperous in the Roman Empire, and was covered by sand for centuries until its remnants were discovered in 1806 A.D. Head through the ancient city gate and walk around the well-preserved ruins as your guide tells you tales about the city in its heyday. See its arches, theaters, and elegant colonnaded street. Snap photos of the stunning Oval Plaza, the Temples of Zeus and Artemis, as well as the intriguing egg-shaped public square framed by standing columns.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ajloun Castle, Ajloun National Park, Jerash 26173 Jordan
Having explored here, continue to the 12th-century Castle of Ajloun, built in the time of Saladin to defend against Crusader armies. Head inside this semi-intact hilltop fortress, and roam the rambling corridors and staircases. See the murder holes used by the invaders, and admire the stunning views over the lush hills of the Jordan Valley from the towers.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: The Citadel, K. Ali Ben Al-Hussein St. 146, Amman Jordan
After this long walk, return to the capital of Amman, for a panoramic tour of the city’s highlights. Drive around the city and downtown area past the animated markets, churches, and mosques like King Abdullah’s Mosque. Start by discovering the Roman, Byzantine, and Islamic-era ruins of Amman Citadel for a view point. Gaze in awe at the Roman Amphitheater, carved into a hillside in the 2nd century B.C. and the most important remnant of Amman’s predecessor, the Roman white city of Philadelphia. Free time at leisure in Amman downtown area for souvenir shopping in the local gold and spice markets.
Pass By: Jabal Al Lweibdeh, Amman Jordan
Pass by King Hussein’s Palace, where the late, revered king is laid to rest. Your tour then concludes by strolling along “Jabal Al-Webdeih” and “Jabal Amman” Quarters, the Rainbow Street, Amman’s colorful arts and shopping hotspot. Delve into the upscale neighborhoods of “Abdoun” and “Swefieh”, where luxury shopping malls and swanky private villas line the streets. After passing thru the modern Amman drive back to your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off by request.
- Order of visits may change for day tours with more than one visit as long as all sites completed.
- Contact your local operator (phone number, emergency mobile number, or email address) a day before to reconfirm pick-up arrangements provided in your voucher.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- For Jordan Pass holders that purchased tour activity with entrance fees, please inform us to reimburse the entrance fees in destination.
- Clients are advised to bring hats, sun screen, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Tour activity is provided in English. For other languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German) by request.
- Mobile SIM cards including Wi-Fi are available with assistance of our team upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan do not serve alcohol, if you do not want a dry restaurant please contact us.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- These measurements will be updated accordance with the Health Ministry regulations.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.