Private Quito City Tour and Middle of the World
Quito has the best-preserved, least altered historic center in entire Latin America. First you will bring a visit to this wonderful historic center where we will visit historic plazas, churches and colonial buildings. Afterwards, we will head to the Middle of the World where we will visit the famous monument and an interesting museum which is exactly located at the equator line.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transport
- English speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Fundacion Iglesia de la Compania
- Entry/Admission - El Panecillo
What's excluded :
- Activities not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- This interesting city tour goes through diverse neighborhoods for a look at both colonial and modern Quito, and to visit the top Quito attractions such as historic plazas, churches and colonial buildings like the Independence Square, the Presidential Palace, the Archbishop Palace, the Municipal Building (City Hall), and the Cathedral.
The visit to Compañia Church cannot be missed because this is one of the most impressive churches of Latin America. Afterwards we will go to the San Francisco Church, one of the great religious buildings of the New World.
Finally, we head to the most famous hill in Quito, Panecillo viewpoint. Here you will notice the contrast between colonial and modern Quito. In the afternoon we continue to the middle of the world, the origins of this place goes back to the First Geodesic Mission which came to our country for the purpose of study and determine the exact curvature of the planet. This mission, managed by the French scientist Charles Marie de la Condamine and the Ecuadorian scientist Pedro Vicente Maldonado, determined where the equator crossed.
We have the opportunity to visit Intiñan museum just 200 meters north of the Mitad del Mundo monument, here is the actual "middle of the world," marked. This museum showcases what modern-day GPS has proven to be the true site of the equator line. Here your device will actually read zero degrees latitude and zero degrees longitude.
Departure Point :Hotels in Quito
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Your hotel in Quito.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Things to bring: Sun block, raincoat (or umbrella), camera, sun glasses
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.