Private Tour: 9-Night Customizable Tour in the Midi-Pyrénées Region from Rodez
Private hosted/guided tour in Aveyron, a beautiful area of the Occitanie region in southwest France. Do you want to experience the places you travel? Do you want to feel engaged? Do you want local insights? Do you want to really connect with people and places? If you answered 'yes' to one or more of these, you've come to the right place for an experiential travel opportunity!
You can claim your own private tour as we do not form groups.
per adult from
What's included :
- 9 nights accommodation
- Transport by private vehicle
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Wine tasting
- Light refreshments
- Professional guide
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Transportation to/from Rodez
- You'll experience the real, authentic, and genuine France - far from mass tourism, big tourist coaches and hotels. This is the France your bilingual local guide/host wants to share with you.
Typical itinerary (customizable):
Morning with Rodez airport or train transits. Welcome, cheer. greet, participants introduction, Lunch at the Baraqueville. Visit of Moyrazès. Discover Planques. Visit of Bruéjouls. Enjoy Panat. Experience a typical aveyronnaise farm. Farmers' market, local produces. Visit of Cassagnes with its panorama. Drinks at Marcillac. Vineyard visit. Wine tasting. Visit Planques.Dinner.
Meander through Saint Léons streets. Visit Roquefort. Cheese tasting at the cellars. Picnic: wine, cheese, and local goodies. Millau viaduct. Visit the best preserved templar towns: La Couvertoirade. Millau visit. Dinner.
Private visit with great great niece of Toulouse-Lautrec. Visit Boussac fortified church. Admire middle-age Belcastel Château. Picnic by the Aveyron River. Peyrusse-le-Roc Château. Refreshments. Dinner farmers' market.
Experience Baraqueville's market. Lunch at Baraqueville house. Fresh, local produce from the market, and Sunday cakes. Discover the pilgrimage town Conques. Visit the village, its abbey, its treasures and enjoy a tea time break. Meander through Salles-la-Source. Discover its Romanesque-style church. Visit Marcillac, its red stone village houses. Enjoy dinner at restaurant.
Be impressed by Bozouls. Visit of Espalion like a pilgrim, the Chapelle de Perse. Love Estaing. Refreshments. Visit Laguiole and a knives' factory. Dinner.
Visit Albi, Toulouse Lautrec Museum, Ste Cécile Cathedral, its gardens. Learn about Lapérouse. Get seduced by Cordes and dinner.
Visit Brousse-le-Château, the château. Picnic by the river. Enjoy the Cistercian Sylvanès. Spend time at St. Affrique where Véronique lived a few years. Refreshments. Dinner.
Visit the town Villefranche de Rouergue, its famous market, the Collégiale. Lunch. Cahors, your next visit heritage-filled stop. Enjoy a panorama above Saint-Cirq Lapopie. Visit. Dinner.
Najac fortress. Lunch: aligot and confit. Experience Rodez, its cathedral, the Fenaille and Soulages Museums. Sauveterre. Dinner at the farmers' market!
Transit to Rodez Airport or train station.
Note: The "typical 10-day schedule" described above might be adjusted, hence customized to your needs, wants, desires as well as current availability or weather or season of the year. This tour is all-inclusive: food, wine, entry fees and land transportation.
Departure Point :Aveyron region,Centrally located town of Baraqueville, Aveyron, France.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Minimum age is 18 years
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.