Private Tour - Ancient Ostia Half-Day from Rome
Immerse yourself in Roman history at the port town of Ancient Ostia. After traveling by metro from Rome, you’ll explore ruins such as the Thermal Baths of Neptune and the House of Diana in a private Tour. Learn about the town from early to late antiquity as you wander amid its ancient streets, and then return to Rome in time for lunch.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica, Viale Dei Romagnoli 717, 00119 Ostia Antica Italy
After a short journey on the metro, you’ll arrive at the old Roman seaport to explore its ancient ruins.
Once inside, you'll hear how the town served as the main harbor of the Roman republic. Take a look inside its old crematorium, aka the necropolis, and then visit the amphitheater where the Roman crowds roared as they were entertained.
Look inside the Thermal Baths of Neptune to admire its preserved mosaics and frescoes, and amble along ancient cobbles to the House of Diana — one of the town’s most important ruins.
After harking back to Ostia’s glory days, you’ll learn about the town at the end of the Roman Empire when the city slipped out of prominence. Hear about the Roman general Sulla, and the new set of city walls that were attributed to his time in power.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Piazzale Ostiense, 11, 00154 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- All health and safety measurements place by the Italian Government have been placed on our tours.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.