Private Tour: Damnoen Saduak Floating Market from Bangkok (Multi Languages)
Experience Thai culture at the Damneon Saduak Floating Market. Discover the art of bartering the Thai way as you practice your trading skills with locals wearing wooden hats and selling tropical fruit, coconut sugar candy, mango sticky rice, and tom yum on their self-paddled small boats.
• Once-in-a-lifetime floating market experience
• Experience the lifestyle of locals on these interconnected waterways
• Try delicious local treats and tasty seasonal fruits
• Popular floating market selling colorful handicrafts and fresh produce
• Hassle-free hotel pickup and round-trip transport from Bangkok
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
- Long-tail boat ride to Damnoen Saduak floating market
- Standard rates include Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Damnoen Saduak Floating Market
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, Damnoun Saduak, Ratchaiburi, Damnoen Saduak 70130 Thailand
Damnoensaduak is believed to be one of a well-known and an attractive travelling sites. Historically, Damnoensaduak was actually the name of the canal dug in the reign of King Rama IV by the military men and the people of Rajburi, Samutsakorn and Samutsongkram Province directed by Phayasrisuriyawong, the minister of Defence. In those days without rivers and canals, transportation was almost motionless; King Rama IV with his great concern over the country’s future economic growth, he finally had the canal dug to connect the Taachin River in Samutsakorn Province and Maklong River in Samutsongkram Province together.
Nowadays Damnoensaduak is one of a provincial district of Rajburi Province. Most people live densely along both sides of the canal from one end of the canal to another.The majority of this people are agriculturists. They grow several different kinds of fruit and vegetable for examples oranges, grapes, papayas, cabbages, bean, onion and etc. The land in this area is naturally fertile. Apart from providing transportation, Damnoensaduak Canal also provides farmers with adequate water for agricultural purposes for the whole year around. More than 200 small canals were dug by local peasants to connect with it to get water to splatter their land. Moreover; these small canals also become protitiouus ways of taking their agricultural products to the markets in neighbouring provinces and Bangkok. Day in and day out from about 8 a.m. to about 11 a.m. the Floating Market is routinely crowded with hundrreds of vendors and purchasers floating in their small rowing boats selling and buying or exchanging their goods. What they purchase are particularly food, fruit and vegetable which mostly brought from their own orchards.
• An old trading market filled with rich history & culture
• Unique sights of shopping on a floating boat & sampan
• Chance to take a leisurely boat ride around the market
• Countryside & scenic landscapes of Rachaburi Province
• Insight into lifestyle of locals who live & work on water
06:30 : Pick up from the various hotel.
07:00 : Depart Bangkok for Rachaburi province.
08:30 : Arrive the Boat Pier then enjoy the scenery of rural life by the long tail speed boat to the Floating Market.
09:00 : Arrive the Floating Market, almost untouched by the Modern World. You will enjoy watching the farmers selling food, fruits, flowers and many kind of local products in their boats.
10:30 : Optional tour to visit the Snake Farm or the paddle boat getting around the farmer village or free at leisure at market area.
12:00 : Depart for bangkok.
14:00 : Return to the hotel.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Sun Leisure World Tour, Tours and Thailand Travel Package Tour., 17th floor Payatai Plaza, Phayathai Rd, Khwaeng Thung Phaya Thai, Phaya Thai, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10140, Thailand
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :1: 128 Payatai Plaza Building, Phayathai Road, Ratchathevi, Thanon Phaya Thai, Phaya Thai, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
2: Bangkok, Thailand
Traveler pickup is offered
Free of charge Door to Door Pick up for CITY CENTER BANGKOK DISTRICT AREA (3 KM radius area) with namely Sukhumvit Soi (Lane) -1 to 33, Sukhumvit area Soi 1 to 33 (odd) and Soi 2 to 24 (even), Pratunam, Silom, Langsuan, Wireless Road, Sathorn, Surawongse, Siam, MBK, Yawarat (China Town), Khao San Road (Excluded City Tour) can pick up only in our meeting Royal Rattanakosin Hotel You can also join our tours at BANGKOK MEETING POINTS - Our office, Sun Leisure World Corporation, Phaya Thai Plaza Buidling, Phaya Thai Road, Bangkok-101400An additional surcharge for hotel pickup outside 3 miles (5 km) radius from the city center is applicable and payable on the day of your activity.
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are committed to ensure the safety of travelers according to the Standard Operating Procedures of the World Health Organization (WHO) Standards
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.