Private Tour - Gabriel Garcia Marquez Living to tell the tale
Interactive Tour about the work and life of the Colombian Nobel Prize, with which you will be able to know the most important sections on the life of the writer, to know the main works of Magical Realism and to know stories that will welcome you to the Macondo's Land where you can listen, read and feel anecdotes that could be your own. Cartagena de Indias magic colonial city, place full of tales of pirates, battles, loves and fantasies, will host this immersive adventure through streets, squares, parks buildings and scenes where every corner has a story to tell, accompanied by an expert Guide in the work of Macondo, we will trace the route that will lead us to understand who would be one of the most important writers of universal literature of the 20th century.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hotel drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle or
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Centro Histórico de Cartagena, Bolívar
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Centro Histórico de Cartagena, Bolívar, Cartagena Province, Bolivar, Colombia
Choose the time of departure between 8:00am and 6:00pm.
Our tour starts from your hotel and then go through some places that the writer Gabriel García Marques includes in his novels, reports and stories where we will see the main characteristics of the life of Gabo. We'll locate the bibliographical references of writings like: "One Hundred Yeas of Solitude", "The Autumn of the Patriarch", "The General in his Labyrinth", "Living To Tell Of Tell", "Of the Love and other Demons", "Love in the time of the Cholera" etc. We'll walk through the Old City, and cross Cartagena Extramural witch take us to know neighborhoods like Manga, Pie de la Popa and Gethsemane.
During the whole tour we'll see the sunrise and sunset of Gabo's life, from its beginnings, its misfortunes, to its successes and achievements. We'll see both unreal and imaginary places as important historical places as the university where he studied, the places where he worked and the place where now lie their remains.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Meeting point is centrally located in the old city of Cartagena near the Hotel Sofitel Legend Santa ClaraAddress: Sion Transporte: Walled City, Plaza de las Bovedas Store # 1Directions: tour departs Sion Transporte: Walled City, Plaza de las Bovedas Store # 1
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Dress code is smart casual
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.