Private Tour of Datong Hanging Monastery and Yingxian Wooden Pagoda
Have a full day private tour to explore the historical relics and Chinese architecture in Datong, know more about the top attractions from an expert local tour guide, visit the peculiar wood-structured Hanging Monastery on the cliff, and see the oldest and highest wooden structure in China - Yingxian County Wooden Pagoda.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour for you only
- Private transportation
- Professional licensed driver
- English-speaking tour guide
- Local lunch
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance ticket fees
- Entry/Admission - Hengshan Hanging Temple (Xuankong si)
- Entry/Admission - Ying Xian Wooden Pagoda
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hengshan Hanging Temple (Xuankong si), Hengshan, Datong China
Private tour guide will pick you up from your Datong hotel at 9:00 am to start the full day trip.
Built in 491, Hanging Monastery has survived more than 1400 years. The peculiar wood-structured Hanging Monastery on the cliff at the foot of Mt. Hengshan gives a stunning view of Chinese architecture. Follow your guide to visit this architectural wonder, walk into the Monastery to explore this rare architecture and discover its history.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Ying Xian Wooden Pagoda, 76km (47 miles) south of Datong, Datong China
Later have lunch in a local restaurant, and continue to visit the Wooden Pagoda in Ying County. Regarded as the 'First Pagoda in the World', the Wooden Pagoda has about 900 years of history and is attractive for its exquisite design and delicate appearance. And large Buddha statues hosted in the Wooden Pagoda are particularly impressive.
After the full day sightseeing, the tour guide will transfer you back to the hotel.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Datong, Datong, Shanxi
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from centrally located Datong hotels, drop-off at the original departure point. Please provide detailed hotel information while booking.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.