Private Tour: Walk Down Memory Lane @ Tiong Bahru
This tour combines a number of highlights which are not regularly seen on the tourist trail. Beginning at The Pinnacles @ Duxton public housing project you will take up a mesmerising vantage point from the 50th storey sky bridge giving you an excellent panorama of Singapore’s forever changing skyline.
After visiting the new, the tour will continue to the old, Tiong Bahru, one of Singapore’s oldest public housing estate built in the 1920s.
The tour will also include visits to the 90 year old Qi Ting Gong Temple, the Tiong Bahru Market (the first market in a housing estate and still home to many fantastic food hawkers), Galicier Pastry (a family run bakery with a history spanning four generations, using only the freshest ingredients to create their traditional nyonya kuehs and retro cakes), and will end at the Nostalgia Hotel which was inspired by Singapore’s colonial years.
This neighbourhood is rarely explored and conveys an old-world charm with a dash of modernism.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Touring in a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Services of a professional licensed English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fee to skybridge
- Sample local delights
- Pick up/Drop off at selected major Singapore hotels
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any foods or drinks not mentioned as Inclusions
- Any purchases of a personal nature
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tiong Bahru Estate, Tiong Bahru Road, Singapore Singapore
One of Singapore’s oldest public housing estate built in the 1920s
Stop At: 1 Cantonment Road The Pinnacle @ Duxton, Singapore 080001 Singapore
Get a great view from the 50th floor Sky Bridge
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: 302 Tiong Bahru Road Tiong Bahru Plaza, Singapore 168732 Singapore
First modern market to be built in a housing estate
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Qi Tian Gong Temple, 44 Eng Hoon Street Tiong Bahru Estate, Singapore 169786 Singapore
90 year old temple in Singapore
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Tiong Bahru Galicier Pastry, Blk 55 Tiong Bahru Rd, #01-39, Singapore 160055
Family run bakery with a history spanning four generations
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Nostalgia Hotel, 77 Tiong Bahru Rd, Singapore 168727
A hotel with an old world charm and a dash of modernisation
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Selected major Singapore hotels
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please note that some tours do not operate on public holidays, during festive period and events eg: F1
- Child Age: 3- 11 years. Child Rate applies when traveling with 2 Adults
- Should tour be operating during Formula 1 event, we may not be able to be picked up from some hotels. Rendezvous Hotel will be the alternative in this case.
- Minimum 2 people for this tour to operate. Single travellers may book and join other guests.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour will operate without the market if it is closed for cleaning or maintenance.
- Hotel pick up will be 15 minutes before the tour starts
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.