Quito Cooking Class
Would you like to get to know the Ecuadorian cuisine while visiting? This half day tour takes you to the local food market in the historical centre and to a very cosy restaurant close to the Basilica where you will prepare your traditional Ecuadorian dishes. The Ecuadorian chef goes to the market with you and explains you about the endemic fruits and vegetables. You will be given a chef’s hat, an apron and a mini recipe book with 3 dishes you will be cooking. These recipes that you will cook are traditional Ecuadorian dishes: Locro Quiteño, Encocado and a Chocolate soup. These three recipes were chosen because the ingredients used can be found all over the world. Therefore, you will be able to cook it once again in your own country for your family and friends.
per adult from
4 hours 15 minutes
What's included :
- Professional chef (Spanish speaking with basic English)
- Visit to the market
- Materials needed for the cooking class
- Guided lunch with soft drinks or juice
What's excluded :
- Transportation to and from the restaurant
- Optional tips for the guide
- This half day tour takes you to the local food market in the historical centre and to a very cosy restaurant where you will prepare your traditional Ecuadorian dishes. The chef goes to the market with you and explains you about the endemic fruits and vegetables.
Before the cooking class begins, you will be given a chef’s hat, an apron and a mini recipe book with 3 dishes you will be cooking. These recipes that you will cook are traditional Ecuadorian dishes: Locro Quiteño, Encocado and a Chocolate soup. The cooking class usually starts around 11:30 AM, but since it is a private tour you can send us an email if you would like to change the time. You can also integrate this tour in a Quito city tour.
• Quito Old Town, Quito Ecuador
• Ecuadorian Potato Soup - Ecuadorian Potato Soup (Locro de Papa) with avocado and cheese.
• Fish & Shrimp in Coconut Sauce - Fish & Shrimp in Coconut Sauce (Encocado) with fried plantains.
• Chocolate Soup - Chocolate soup with fruit tasting
Departure Point :Francisco de Caldas 569, Quito 170130, Ecuador
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- The operator cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
- The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
- It is also possible to combine this tour with a half day city tour. If you are with a group of 6 and more you can also customize the start time. Please contact us for more info.
- In order to process your reservation please help us with all this information:
- Whatsapp phone number (in case you use Whatsapp and would like us to contact you that during your stay via Whatsapp)
- Number of guests
- For all guests:
- Food restrictions
- Medical restrictions
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Travelers must bring with them extra sanitary items to be used during the entire tour. Transportation: Passengers will be seated skipping a place to maintain the distance required. Medicine: Travelers should bring their medications from their countries.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.