Rome Trastevere and Villa Farnesina PRIVATE Walking Tour
Discover the enchanting Villa Farnesina (entrace fee at your own expense) with an art historian! A magnificent example of a Roman Renaissance villa, enriched by unique Raphael frescoes! The banker Agostino Chigi wanted the artist of the pope and many others to turn his week end mansion into a gem. Oroscope, Zodiac, symbols and Pagan gods...You will not belive this was the villa of one of the most importan man in the history of the Church! Follow your guide as they provide insight about one of the most charming and ancient districts of the eternal city. Discover an authentic Roman neighborhood of Trastevere on this 2-hours walking tour. Lose yourself in the winding alleys and escape the crowd of the city with your private tour!
per adult from
1 to 2 hours
What's included :
- Professional art historian guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees, including the Villa Farnesina entrance fee: 6 EUR per person payable directly at the entrance counter
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Villa Farnesina
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Trastevere, 00153 Rome Italy
Meet your guide at 9:30am to begin your exploration of Roman custom and tradition. Take a break from the chaos of the rest of the city and see why Trastevere locals consider themselves to be the only 'real' Romans. Get a glimpse of this Roman neighborhood and enjoy the atmosphere of the Piazza Santa Maria in Trastevere, the heart of the quarter. It serves as a delightful meeting place and offers a chance to catch up on local gossip over an apertivi - an alcoholic drink designed to stimulate the appetite. Enjoy a visit to the Church of St Maria in Trastevere, considered one of the most ancient churches of Rome, before taking in the delightful ambiance of the various squares, corners, and alleys of the area.
Stop At: Villa Farnesina, Via della Lungara 230, Rome Italy
The jewel of Renaissance with magnificent frescoes by Raphael and Sebastiano del Piombo.
You will enter the incredible Villa Farnesina, where the banker Agostino Chigi celebrated the glory of the Renaissance painting in his 'free time' villa. You will see an incredible horoscope painted by Baldassarre Peruzzi as well as the famous Galatea by Raphael complemented perfectly by enchanting gardens.
Throughout your walk you will see aristocratic palaces and their beautiful decorations, hidden workshops and picturesque street corners. Admire towers of the Middle Ages, baronial family palaces from the Renaissance, and papal memories during your relaxing walk as though you were a Roman yourself.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Piazza Trilussa, Rome Italy
Heart of Trastevere district
Departure Point :Via dei Banchi Vecchi, 12, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Piazza Trilussa, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note: entrance fees are not included and are at your own expense
- There is a significant amount of walking: please wear comfortable shoes
- A minimum of 2 passengers is required
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.