Ruta del Sillar - Small-Group Half Day Trip from Arequipa
Discover part of the history of the beautiful city of Arequipa. Discover why it is more known as "the white city"?
After having visited the Sillar Route you will understand why the buildings of their houses and monuments that characterize and make it unique.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- • Pick up from your Hotel in Arequipa (only if it is located in the centre area)
- • Transport
- • English tour guide
- • Ticket *entrance fee
- Entry/Admission - Canteras de Sillar
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canteras de Sillar, Quebrada de Anashuayco, Arequipa Peru
08:00 Pick up from your hotel.
08:30 We begin our journey to the Ruta del Sillar which is a tourist route with a lot of history and living culture, where you can visit quarries and areas where the sillar originated. The first point where we will stop will be the Cantera de Añashuayco; which we will reach in 45 minutes approximately. Currently it is in operation, the stonemasons perform their work from very early; in the place we will be able to appreciate an immense canyon with farallones (walls of ignimbrita) that have several meters of height, formed by the extraction for the formation of the Ashlars. At this point we will tell you the history of sillar, the elaboration and the use that has been given to you since always. In this quarry you can see a Mega-carving of the Church (La Compañia de Jesus) made by the stonemasons themselves. We can also visit some of them so that they can explain to us how their daily work is and they can make us experience cutting one of their stone blocks ourselves.
Then we will move to the Quebrada de Culebrillas, which is 30 minutes away from Añashuayco. Arriving at this point we will make a walk of approximately 20 minutes inside the small canyon formed by the passage of water, which has walls of 15 to 20 meters, while we enter it the walls of the canyon are increasing in height. At the end of the walk we can see petroglyphs made by the Wari culture more than a thousand years ago. Before returning to the city we will observe the Apachetas which are stone formations placed one on top of the other that are a symbol of gratitude towards nature and also attraction of good luck which cause a mystical sensation.
11:30 am - We will return to the city.
12:30 pm - We will arrive at the center of Arequipa and we will drop off one block from the main square.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We are going to pick up all passenger that are in hotels in centre area of the city.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.