Salvador Dali Museum, Port Lligat and Cadaques Small Group tour from Barcelona
This is without doubt, one of the most complete Salvador Dalí tours available. Spend the morning at the unique Dalí Museum in Figueres and finish the day either on his beloved Costa Brava, visiting his home in Port Lligat and the magificent Cap de Creus, or at the castle he built for his wife. It’s a complete surrealistic experience. On this small group walking tour, you'll receive personalized attention from your guide. And by booking ahead, you won't waste any time waiting in line!
per adult from
11 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Personalized small group and commentary
- Entry/Admission - Dali Theatre-Museum
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets to Dalí house in Port Lligat (approx 11 euros). Reservations will be made by local supplier.
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Entry/Admission - Salvador Dali House
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Explore Catalunya, Carrer Palau de la Musica, 1, 08010 Barcelona Spain
8.15am - You will join your tour at our office, which is right across from the world famous Palau de la Musica. You will meet your guide and have an introduction as to what to expect during the day. Your tour begins at 8.30am, but we always recommend arriving 15 minutes before.
Pass By: Eixample, Eixample, Barcelona, Catalonia
8.30am - You will leave Barcelona though the Example district of town. As you head out of the city, your guide will give you a brief history of Barcelona, before letting you sit back and relax on the 90 minute drive to Figueres.
Stop At: Dali Theatre-Museum, Gala-Salvador Dali Square, 5 Salvador Dali 5, 17600, Figueres Spain
10.00am - You will arrive at the world famous Dalí Museum-Theatre in Figueres, the birthplace of Dalí, where you will be taken straight past the queues inside.
Step inside the surreal world of Salvador Dalí and find a museum like none other. Dalí wanted visitors to see his massive collection as a ‘whole’ work, and for this reason he wanted no catalogues and refused to have his works placed in chronological or subject order. Inside is a world of fantasy mixed with architecture mixed with paintings and sculptures. It’s a complete surrealistic experience.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cadaques, Cadaques, Costa Brava, Province of Girona, Catalonia
Schedule September 1st - June 30th
1.00pm - After a morning discovering the art of Dalí, you will head to the beautiful coastal village of Cadaqués.
Famous for its white washed Mediterranean houses, narrow shady streets, and sandy bay, this is one of the most picturesque villages on the Costa Brava.
But what really stands out for many people is the dramatic drive there, which offers some of the best views in the whole of Catalunya. This is the perfect place for lunch. In the afternoon you will travel just a few minutes up the coast to the even smaller village of Port Lligat.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Salvador Dali House, Portlligat, 17488 Cadaques Spain
Schedule September 1st - June 30th
3.30pm - Port Lligat is where Dalí sought the peace and quiet that truly inspired him. This stunning little bay is where he first built then enlarged a simple fisherman's cottage into a magnificent and unique home. You will have the chance to visit inside this unusual building. His studio looks as if he has just stepped out for a stroll, and thanks to the careful way it has been maintained, it's easy to image he is still living in the house. Your guide will regale you with stories about his life there and the, share some secrets about his unusual marriage to his beloved Gala.
NOTE: Your tickets will have been pre booked by the office. If you want to take advantage of this, please pay the guide during the day.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Plaza de Cataluna, Placa de Catalunya, 08206 Barcelona Spain
7.30pm - We end the day in Plaça Catalunya. From here, you can easily take the metro or a taxi back to your hotel. Otherwise, your guide will be more than happy to make some recommendations of where to have dinner.
Departure Point :C/ Palau de la Música, 1, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Plaça de Catalunya, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: Dali House will be closed on the 1st of January, and from the 6th of January until the 11th of February. It is still possible to see the house from the outside.
- This tour operates only in English.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- At Explore Catalunya we take the Coronavirus outbreak very seriously. In addition to our safety procedures, we have adapted our tours to avoid periods where there might be large crowds, and we have carefully ensured that any places we visit follow the same high hygiene standards as us.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.