Sample Alcohol Tasting at Brew Master's Workshop & Dinner with Magkeolli
Gastro Tour Seoul takes adults to visit a true artisan Korean brewer's workshop which has been recognized as 'Korean Food Master' by the Korean Government. With food and drinks included, you'll be introduced to quality Korean alcohol like Soju(distillation alcohol), Makgeolli and Yakju(rice brewed wine) from this local brewer. You'll have the opportunity to learn about the entire process of turning rice into Soju and Makgeolli and you'll venture deep into the heart of Korean alcohol culture as you explore this hidden brewery known only to the true locals.
This 3~3.5-hour-long tour will introduce you to master artisans who brew and distill according to time-honored methods. The tasting sessions are followed by a traditional homemade Korean meal served together with bowls of Makgeolli.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Traditional Korean Dinner called 'Hanjeongsik' with Makgeolli.
- Entry/Admission - Insadong
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Seoul, Seoul
Gastro Tour Seoul curated 1 brewery and 1 traditional brewing restaurant introducing Korean Traditional Brewing Culture.
Pass By: Bukchon Hanok Village, 37, Gyedong-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul 03059 South Korea
Bukchon Hanok Village is a place in Seoul where many old traditional houses are located. Walking through Bukchon, you will be able to see a variety of master's craft workshops and shops built on the traditional Korean house called "Hanok".
Pass By: Bukchon Cultural Center, 37, Gyedong-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul 03059 South Korea
It is also naturally connected to the Soju workshop where you can taste, learn and buy traditional alcohols. After finishes Bukchon Walkiing tour, you will visit the workshop of famous Korean traditional "Soju Master"—who is certified by the Korean government as "Food Master" and listed as the "Intangible National Heritage of Seoul." Here, you will learn about the culture and basic contents of Korean traditional alcohol of two kinds of fermented rice wine called "takju(known as makgeolli)" and "yakju." Then you can discover how to make soju from the distillation of yakju. You also can taste 10 different variations of including takju, yakju, and soju. And you also learn drink manner here.
Stop At: Insadong, Insa-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul South Korea
Then, we'll move to our 3rd place, a traditional restaurant & bar called 'jumak' where we'll enjoy traditional food and alcohol together. This restaurant & bar provides home-brewed alcohol made from artisan brewmaster. You will enjoy a delightfully authentic small dishes, Korean love, to enjoy with traditional alcohol called Makgeolli, Yakju and Soju.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Arario Museum in Space, 83, Yulgok-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul 03058 South Korea
Departure Point :165 Anguk-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Departure Time :5:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 21 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. Solo travelers, please contact us individually.
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.