SEGESTA, ERICE, SALT PANS - with Local Guide - Private Trapani Shore Excursion
The archaeological site of Segesta and the picturesque medieval town of Erice lie just inland from Trapani, along Sicily’s northwest coast. Visit both on this full-day shore excursion with a Local Guide, traveling in the comfort of a private Top Class Mercedes vehicle. Discover Sicily’s ancient past in Segesta, including ancient Greek temples and a theater dating from the 5th century BC. Then, enjoy a walking tour of Erice, admire views along the coast, and stop to see the Salt Pans of Trapani.
• Exclusive Private Shore Excursion departing from Trapani
• Led by a licensed LOCAL GUIDE for personalized attention
• Comfortable Transport by Top Class Mercedes Minivan
• Provides a great introduction to Sicily
• Stunning views from Erice and photo opportunities
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide/driver
- Transportation by Mercedes V-Class Minivan
- Guided tour of Segesta & Erice
- Almond Pastry Tasting
- Bottled water
- Exclusive Private Shore Excursion
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Tempio di Segesta
- Entry/Admission - Teatro Greco di Segesta
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tempio di Segesta, Contrada Barbaro SNC, 91013 Calatafimi-Segesta, Sicily Italy
Disembark from your cruise ship and greet your LOCAL GUIDE at the Port of Trapani. Take a scenic drive on board of a Luxury Mercedes Minivans from Trapani to SEGESTA through the Sicilian landscape. Segesta is located on the isolated Mount Barbaro and, according to traditional legends, had a Trojan origin. Follow your guide on a walking tour of the well-preserved Greek Temple and Theater built in the late 5th century BC. Also see the remains of an Arabic mosque, a Norman church and the Forum Romanum at this fascinating archaeological site.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Teatro Greco di Segesta, Contrada Barbaro SNC, 91013 Calatafimi-Segesta, Sicily Italy
Higher still is the theater that offers great panoramic views. New excavations that have uncovered the remains of a stoà a place where citizens strolled and discussed among themselves, an agora where assemblies were held. The high-stepped, semi-circular theatre opens onto a breathtaking panorama over the surrounding countryside with the sea in the distance. Back to Palermo in the afternoon.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Erice, Erice, Province of Trapani, Sicily
The next stop on the tour is the medieval town of ERICE. Time for a lunch break. Then take a stroll trough the quaint cobblestone streets of this ancient city to reach the public garden located near the ruins of the Norman Castle. With its unique location about 2,400 feet above sea level, Erice is cool even in during the hot Sicilian summer. Your guide will point out several medieval churches as you explore the town and enjoy a breathtaking panoramic view of Trapani, its salt flats and the Egadi Islands below. Back to the port in Trapani.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at the port or your hotel in Trapani or Marsala areaPorts
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Trips and shore excursions are subject to ship arrival and departure times and may be adjusted to ensure a safe return to port.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- ● Wear masks while in enclosed spaces, like vehicles or museums ● Be aware of and respect local health and safety regulations and advisories
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.