Small Group Punta Arenas Shore Excursion: Fort Bulnes and City Tour
Relive history with an exploration of the Punta Arenas city on a day tour from the cruise port or your hotel. Select from 3-hour and 6-hour options at booking. (6-hour option includes a trip to the first Chilean settlement, Fort Bulnes). Your guide will bring you between the sites and tell you about the influential people who built the city. Visit the Magallanes Regional Museum, and the Nao Victoria Museum, where you can interact with replicas of historical ships, including the first ship to circumnavigate the world, Victoria. At the Plaza Munoz Gamero, you'll see key landmarks and have a chance to rub "the Indian's foot" for good luck. Tour includes snack and glass of Chilean wine as well as round-trip transportation and is led by a multi-lingual guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Local bilingual guide
- Snacks - a hearty baked beef Chilean empanada (vegetarian option available).
- Glass of wine
- Transport by private vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee Museum Nao Victoria
- Entrance fee Regional Salesian Museum
- Entrance fee Cemetery Sara Braun
- Fort Bulnes (Parque del Estrecho)
- Entry/Admission - Cementerio Municipal
- Entry/Admission - Nao Victoria Museo
- Entry/Admission - Parque del Estrecho de Magallanes
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mirador Cerro De La Cruz, Punta Arenas Chile
Head to Cerro de La Cruz to get a panoramic view of the entire city. The hills are good places to enjoy the landscape anywhere. Punta Arenas looks amazing from The Cross Hill; from here you can also see Tierra del Fuego, the Brunswick Peninsula and the Sarmiento Mountain in the middle of an amazing scenery.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Plaza Munoz Gamero, Punta Arenas Chile
View key landmarks and monuments including the statue of “The Indian” where tourists go and rub its foot for good luck. Just two blocks from the Plaza is where we will find the Magallanes Regional Museum (Braun-Menendez Palace), one of the city’s former mansions, built in 1903.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Palacio Sara Braun, Plaza Munoz Gamero, 716, Punta Arenas Chile
The Museum houses important collections of furniture and objects that represent the golden age of Magallanes, which are exhibited in its Vintage Rooms, as well as a renewed Historical Exhibition that shows the process of human settlement in the austral territory until the consolidation of the city.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cementerio Municipal, Punta Arenas Chile
This cemetery was ranked as one of the most beautiful in the world by CNN, and you will see for yourself fascinating tombs of the founders of the city.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Nao Victoria Museo, km 7,5 norte sitio 2A,, Punta Arenas Chile
Here you can travel back in time and experience the real-life thrill of a 16th-century sailing experience with a look at replicas of ships that once plied the Strait of Magellan. Here you’ll find weapons, navigation tools and copies of historical documents. Then we head to a beautiful restaurant located in the city and enjoy a southern Chilean lunch with delicious Chilean wine or beer (lunch excluded in price).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Secreto de la Patagonia, Capitán Ignacio Carrera Pinto 245 Avenida Bulnes - 5 norte, Km 3, Punta Arenas, Magallanes y la Antártica Chilena, Chile
Enjoy a complimentary homemade "alfajor" on us! You can choose from three different kinds.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Parque del Estrecho de Magallanes, Ruta Y-621, s/n 52 Km South From Punta Arenas, Punta Arenas 6200000 Chile
Head approximately 37 miles (60 km) to the historic site of Fort Bulnes, where you’ll embark on a tour through Chile’s first settlement on a rocky hill at Punta Santa Ana.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Free cruise port pick-up and drop-offFree hotel pick-up and drop-offFree airport pick-up available. Must inquiry beforehand.
Departure Time :Hotel pickups commencing at 9am (will call day before to re-confirm).
If your cruise is tendering then please come off in one of the first tenders. We will be at the port with signs. If you are coming off the cruise walking, meet us at 8:30 AM.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- It is recommended to wear warm clothes and comfortable shoes
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our group size is 10 people or less complying with the venue regulations during this post-Covid-19. Only 2 people per row, so if you are traveling with someone you are only with that person beside you.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.