Sounio - Athens Coastal Ride
Amazing ride in the Attica Riviera, a unique drive by the sea. Very interesting archealological place in the Temple of Apollo, and of course our excellent drivers and service!!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- WiFi on board
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Poseidon
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sounio, Sounio, East Attica Region, Attica
Our journey to Sounio start at 10:00 o'clock in the morning from city center of Athens.The distance from Athens to sounio is 70km.Its about one hour and thirty minutes drive by the coast line of Attica Riviera. Sounio is in north side of Athens. Before Sounio we will pass from the area of Glifada, Voula and Vouliagmeni.We will make a short stop for photos at lake of Vouliagmeni, a beautiful natural lake between the rocks. After that we continue our journey again by the coast line until we arrive to Sounio.In Sounio we will stay for one hour to visit the temple of Poseidon and enjoy our coffee in the coffe shop near the temple with the best sea view. After that we will depart from Sounio and in about twenty minutes will be in Palaia Fokea, a very nice place with coffe shops, restaurants and Greek tavernas in front of the sea. We will have three hours free time there, for swimming and lunch. Around 16:00 we will start our way back to Athens along the sea side.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Temple of Poseidon, Cape Sounio, Sounio 195 00 Greece
The ancient Greek temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion, built during 444–440 BC, is one of the major monuments of the Golden Age of Athens. A Doric temple, it overlooks the sea at the end of Cape Sounion, at a height of almost 60 metres (200 ft).
It was constructed in 444–440 BC. This was during the ascendancy of the Athenian statesman Pericles, who also rebuilt the Parthenon in Athens. It was built on the ruins of a temple dating from the Archaic period. Strabo noted: "Geraistos [in Euboia] . . . is conveniently situated for those who are sailing across from Asia to Attica, since it comes near to Sounion. It has a temple of Poseidon, the most notable of those in that part of the world, and also a noteworthy settlement."
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.