South Coast of Iceland - Private Day Tour from Reykjavik
Waterfalls and glaciers of the South Coast are one of the main attractions of Iceland. This journey will take place along the lowlands of the southern coast, where landscapes make all possible forms: from farmlands to pristine glaciers, dramatic rocks at the ocean coast and rampant waterfalls. We are confident that having gone on a trip along the southern coast, you will get inspired by the harsh beauty of Iceland and will fall in love with its ancient and beautiful history. After all, behind each of these delightful places are no less appealing sagas and legends.
• Seljalandsfoss and Gljudrabui waterfalls
• Skogafoss waterfall
• Dyrholaey South Cape of Iceland
• Reynisfjara black sand beach
• Solheimajokull glacier (no glacier hike)
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Reykjavik
- Private tour for your party
- Driver/guide services
- Tour transportation
- Entry/Admission - Seljalandsfoss
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Seljalandsfoss, Hella Iceland
Seljalandsfoss waterfall is a supremely graceful waterfall located in the South Coast of Iceland. This spectacular natural wonder drops around 60 meters into the otherwise tranquil pool below and a hidden path leads you behind the waterfall so you can view the fall from a complete 360° angle.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Gljufrabui Waterfalls, Pjoovegur Hamragarðar farm along the road, east of Markarfljót., Skogar 861 Iceland
Gljúfrabúi is an exquisite waterfall hidden inside a gorge only about 150 meters away from the famous Seljalandsfoss waterfall “the one you can walk behind”. A visit isn’t complete without a combination of the two beauties.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Skogafoss, Skogar Iceland
Skógafoss (Skogafoss waterfall) is one of the largest and most elegant waterfalls in Iceland, it has a width of 25 meters and the cascade drops 60 meters. A waterfall of this size generates a lot of spray which often creates a single or double rainbow on sunny days, adding to the charm of Skogafoss Waterfall.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Dyrholaey, Vik Iceland
Dyrholaey “Door Hill Island” or the Arch with the Hole is an incredible promontory on the South Coast in Iceland. With a stunning and historical lighthouse and stunning views over the black beaches and surrounding glaciers, this is a must do on the Ring Road in Iceland.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Reynisfjara Beach, Route 215, Vik Iceland
Reynisfjara Beach is the most famous black sand beach on the South Coast of Iceland. Its beautiful black sand, powerful waves, and the nearby Reynisdrangar sea stacks make Reynisfjara a truly unique place to visit.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Solheimajokull Glacier, Vik Iceland
Solheimajokull glacier has a wealth of dramatic ice formations including crevasses, rugged ridges and sinkholes. Sólheimajökull is a glacier tongue or outlet glacier of Mýrdalsjökull, the 4th largest glacier in Iceland, which has the mighty and feared Katla Volcano lurking ominously beneath its ice cap.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Reykjavik, Reykjavik, Capital Region
Traveler pickup is offered
Time for pickup can be changed upon request to the convenient for you time. Pickup and drop off outside of Reykjavik are available at additional cost.Airports
- Keflavik Intl Airport, 235 Keflavikurflugvollur Iceland
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We follow official requirements from the Icelandic Directorate of Health. Detailed information can be found at the website: https://www.covid.is/english
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.