South Coast Tour
Small groups for a personal service
Tours led by local guide
Fully narrated tours
Informative, friendly and professional guide
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- In-person guide
What's excluded :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Nelson's Dockyard
- Entry/Admission - Dow's Hill Interpretation Centre
- Entry/Admission - Shirley Heights
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Nelson's Dockyard, St. John's, English Harbour Antigua
English Harbour, Antigua's historic district, is focused on the 15sq. miles of Nelson's Dockyard National Park. Developed as a base for the British Navy in the great age of sail, the harbour served as the headquarters of the fleet of the Leeward Islands during the late 18th century.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Dow's Hill Interpretation Centre, English Harbour Antigua
Here, visitors can watch an impressive multimedia presentation of Antigua's history. From its initial settlement to independence. Observation decks at Dow's Hill provide another fine view of the harbour. As do the ruined fortifications of Fort Berkeley, located on the far side of the bay. And, reached by a walk around its perimeter.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Fig Tree Drive, Central Antigua Antigua
A glimpse of our history and a drive through the Southern coast of Antigua.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Shirley Heights, English Harbour Antigua
Restored military lookout and gun battery famous for it's Sunday sunset BBQ, Shirley Height was named after St Thomas Shirley (1727–1800) Shirley was first Governor of the Leeward Islands in 1781.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :1: Nevis Street Pier, Nevis St, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
2: Heritage Quay, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.