Sport Fishing Tour from Papagayo Gulf
The waters of the north pacific attract a diverse species of large billfish including blue marlin, striped marlin, black marlin and sailfish. Anglers in search of marlin should expect a tough fight taking up to a couple hours. Other local and migrating species are also abundant in these waters, like the roosterfish, yellow-fin tuna, mahi-mahi (dorado), wahoo, amberjack, giant pacific dog snapper, and more.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Sandwiches (Half-Day option only)
- Fishing license required $15 each person
Both on-shore and off-shore sports fishing expeditions at North pacific coast of Costa Rica are offered. For the big game it is necessary to go off shore a full day of eight hours is highly recommended for a more successful outing. However, on shore fishing or what many call coastal fishing, does not require as much traveling time so you can reserve a half day trip of 4 hours. This is a good one for families that want to combine fishing with sightseeing of the beautiful coastline and beaches. During off shore fishing trips you will usually catch big game like Marlin, Dorado (Mahi Mahi) and Blue Fin Tuna. When on shore or coast fishing it is possible to catch Rooster Fish, Red Snapper, Wahoo, Barracuda, Hojarn, Jurel, Mackerel and Black Tuna (used for bait). The Boats 32` this is a Phoenis USA custom water craft accommodates 6 people and is especially designed for offshore and inshore fishing. It has a large cabin with a bathroom and small kitchenette area. The 28-foot boat is completely made in the US and equipped with Shimano International rods with #50 reels. This option fit up to 6 people comfortably.
• Guanacaste Dreams Vacations, Playas del Coco 50503 Costa Rica
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up at at any other location near by the resorts listed.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A maximum of 6 people per booking on 32-foot boat
- A maximum of 4 people per booking on 28-foot boat
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Fishing license required $15 each person.
- Incopesca, the governing body of the Sport Fishing Industry in Costa Rica They are requiring each passenger to have one and carry their passport while on charter for verification. An electronic copy on your cell phone is fine and a passport copy showing the front page and date stamp is fine as well.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- All our tours are private and customized so you do not share your experience with people who are not on your reservation.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.