Tastes of Georgetown: Food & History Tour
Once a thriving port town, Georgetown is DC’s oldest neighborhood and still reveals glimpses of mule-drawn boats and flour mills. Discover Georgetown's cosmopolitan past, where people from every continent and many religions lived together and built an eclectic culinary community. More than just a premier shopping destination, Georgetown has a delicious and culturally-diverse history.
The tour will stop at several restaurants during the three-hour tour. Between food tastings, your guide will stop and share the unique history of the Georgetown neighborhood along the way. We provide more than just a sampling of random delicious bites; our guides use the tastings we offer to help tell the story of the neighborhood that you explore with us. This is a small-group tour of no more than 8.
A portion of each ticket sale is donated to Bread For The City, an organization who provides food, clothing, medical care, and legal and social services to reduce the burden of poverty for DC residents.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - Please mention if you are vegetarian, or have food allergies or dietary restrictions at the time of booking.
- Historical neighborhood information
- Small-group tour of 8 people
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Georgetown, Washington DC, DC 20007
Your tour will take place in the iconic neighborhood of Georgetown, where we will explore the history of the area and taste a variety of foods. During the tour, you will walk between the restaurant stops and your guide will share a bit of information and unique facts. the restaurant partners we've chosen for this tour are either local owners or are located in places of historic relevance to the stories we will share. In some cases, we'll take our food to go and continue along. Rest assured, you'll have plenty for lunch!
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :District Doughnut, 3327 Cady's Alley NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :1645 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children under 3 are welcome, ticket not needed if they are not eating
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We have adapted our routes and practices so that our tours will no longer be going inside restaurants. Rather, your guide will coordinate pick-up of tastings. We are also working closely with our restaurant partners to ensure that they are complying with all recommended safe practices.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Blue Fern Travel