The Darjeeling Heritage Walk
Once a part of the Kingdom of Sikkim, in the 19th Century, Gorkhas invaded the region and added it to the Kingdom of Nepal. The Anglo-Gorkha War rebased Darjeeling back to Sikkim. The East India Company in 1835 leased out Darjeeling from the British, making Darjeeling the Summer Capital of Bengal Presidency.
Nineteenth Century saw many architectural and engineering achievements, most popular of which being The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway (DHR), The Town Hall. This walk has been designed to give you a deeper insight of the colonial British Architecture, English Cuisine, Nepali and Sikkimese Culture and History.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - Traditional Lunch and Momo Cooking Session
- Coffee and/or Tea - A cup of local Chai at chowrasta
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Mahakal Temple
What's excluded :
- Breakfast - Breakfast at Glenaries at own cost
- Entry/Admission - Glenary's - Bakery, Restaurant & Pub
- Have breakfas
Departure Point :51, Gandhi Rd, Chauk Bazaar, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734101, India
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.