The Great Hotsprings
The backdrop to the spring is the Blue Mountains in the southeast (where Tanzanite is mined) and Mount Kilimanjaro in the southwest, offering spectacular views.
per adult from
5 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - You will be provided Lunch box and a big bottle of water.
- Private transportation
- Parking Fees
- Entry/Admission - Kikuletwa Hotsprings
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- For all the water lovers and those of our guests who are interested in beautiful nature sights, or for all those of Travelers who wish to cool down in Arusha's warm weather, a trip to the hot springs is just what you are looking for!
In the middle of the dessert area between Arusha and Moshi lies the beautiful mineral spring, known locally as ‘Chemka ’meaning boiling or bubbling in Kiswahili. It is approximately two and a half hour drive from Arusha and is quite the adventure itself as you go through small villages and big desert areas. Once you make it through the dry desert, the spring will rise as an oasis from out of nowhere, surrounded by big fig-trees. The spring itself is like a natural pool with crystal clear turquoise water. The roots of the fig-trees enter the spring and makes for good climbing latters when entering and leaving the pool. In the trees surrounding the pool you will also experience mischievous monkeys swinging from branch to branch, probably scouting for snacks to spare! On this trip, you will be provided lunch at the spring by your guide.
The backdrop to the spring is the Blue Mountains in the southeast (where Tanzanite is mined) and Mount Kilimanjaro in the southwest, offering spectacular views. This is an ideal location for those looking for a place to relax, have a swim and enjoy Tanzania’s magnificent nature. Before we call it a day and start our trip back home, we can have a little walk into the small villages, say hi to the locals, go through a swing bridge find a way to a small waterfalls and at last have a nice view of Mount kilimanjaro. This excursion is perfect for a full day.
Departure Point :1: The White House of Tanzania(Hostel), White House of Tanzania Njiro, Nanenane, Arusha, Tanzania
2: Clocktower Roundabout, Arusha, Tanzania
3: Mount Meru Hotel, Kanisa Rd, Arusha, Tanzania
Traveler pickup is offered
The pick ups can be arranged either on the starting points.
Departure Time :5/16/2019 - 10/29/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:30 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.