Tour of Saranda
We will tour and explore Saranda, a city with more than 2000 years of history (also known as Onhezmi).
Saranda is on the southern coast of Albania, rich in rare values of Albanian and European cultural and archaeological heritage.
We will explore The Incoming Gate of Onhezmi (a monument); an Archaeological Museum; The Museum of Heritage; an Art Gallery; The Orthodox Church; The Castle of Lekuresi and The V-VI Synagogue Complex (within the Castle).
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Live Guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lekuresi Castle, Saranda Albania
On this tour we will drive up to (and explore) The Fortress of Lekuresi, believed to have been built in 1537, when Sultan Sulejmani attacked Corfu.
The castle is located within the ruins of Lekuresi village, on the top of the hill, above the city of Saranda. It really is a strategic position where you can see the entire bay of Saranda, the road that leads to Butrint and the islands of Ksamil. In addition, you can also see the Island of Corfu.
We will also visit the V-VI Synagogue Complex, located within the castle on its eastern side - that in the final phase, the Jewish cult complex was transformed into a Christian cult building: the Paleochristian Basilica.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Saranda Embankment, Saranda Albania
We will visit the Monument: The Incoming Gate of Onhezmi;
the Albanian Numismatic Exhibition; the Archaeological Museum;
The Museum of Heritage, the Art Gallery and the Orthodox Church
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Port, Sarandë, Albania
Traveler pickup is offered
We will depart from the Saranda Port / your local Hotel / or the Tea Tours Main Office (Lagjia no:1, Rruga – Skënderbeu, No: 3)Note: This tour requires a minimum of 2 people. We reserve the right tochange or cancel your booking should this minimum guest requirement not be met.Ports
- Saranda Port
Departure Time :5/11/2019 - 12/28/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:30 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.