Trekking in the Caras Gorges, Private Tour from Timisoara
This backpacking tour will take you through the wild and adventurous gorges of the Caras river. In the first day we hike our way up the Caras river until we reach the Prolaz Meadow. Along the way we will stop to see some caves and other points of attraction. At the Prolaz Meadow we will see the main attraction, the Caras canyon, after which we stop for a quick lunch. We continue above the gorges, across the Iabalcea hill, and arrive at the Comarnic cave. Here we set our camp, build the campfire and prepare a traditional pot dinner cooked over the fire.
In the second day, after breakfast we will enter and visit the Comarnic Cave. After that we will visit the upper part of the Caras Gorges, via an old railway path built through the mountain. Later we head back towards the place where we parked our car and then make a short stop at the Caras Citadel to enjoy a splendid view over the entire Caras Gorges. On our way back to Timsioara, we can stop for dinner in Resita.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Private transportation
- Professional guide
- Caving equipment (helmet and headlamp)
- Camping equipment if needed (tent, backpack, sleeping bag&mat)
- National Park entry fee
- Comarnic Cave entry fee and guide
- Entry/Admission - Cheile Carașului
- Entry/Admission - Peștera Comarnic
What's excluded :
- Other meals (which will have to be carried in the backpack)
Day 1: Lower part of the Caraș Gorges
Stop At: Cheile Carașului, Carasova, Romania
The Caras Gorges are know to the be some of the wildest in Romania, where the path is narrow and vegetation is dense. Alongside the path there are several caves, where we will stop to explore some of them.
Duration: 2 days
Stop At: Peștera Liliecilor, Carașova, Romania
Exploring this cave is a real thrill. Access to the cave requires climbing a 10 meter wall. Exploring this cave is optional.
Duration: 2 hours
• Dinner: Fire cooked traditional dinner
Accommodation included: Camping at million starts hotel near campfire
Day 2: Upper part of the Caras Gorges
Stop At: Peștera Comarnic, Carasova, Romania
The Comarnic Cave is one of biggest and definitely the most beautiful cave in Banat. It is extremely rich in limestone formations, each with a unique story made by the cave explorers.
Duration: 3 hours
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Hotel Central - Green Parking Zone, Cetate, Timișoara, Romania
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up from your hotel, hostel or apartment in Timisoara. If you are located outside of Timisoara or in another city in Western Romania we can arrange pickup but you will be charged extra for the transportation.Airports
- Timisoara Airport, Timisoara Romania
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Might be challenging for people with fear of heights or claustrophobia
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.