Trekking in the Valley of Mount Rosa from Arona
The Monte Rosa is the most extensive massif of the Alps, the second highest in Europe; one of the most beautiful and accessible valleys is Otro Valley.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Any stop on the route for photos or anything else
- Stop to buy local products
- Parking fee
What's excluded :
- Lunches, drinks and any other small personal expense;
- Deviations not covered on the route;
- Anything else not specifically included.
- This is a ’hanging valley’ due to a typical morphology produced by glacial erosion and also for the views that you can admire.
In the large plateau (altitude around 1,660 m), framed by a jagged range of mountains including Tagliaferro (2964 m asl) and the White Horn, (3320 m asl), are six small villages preserving beautiful examples of Walser architecture. A splendid little church of the XVI century, the richly frescoed façade, surrounded by the typical mountain chalets and dominated by the peaks is the first image upon arriving.
Trekking from Alagna to Pranmisura (2:00 hours)
Back to Alpe Follù (45 mins)
Stop for lunch lunch (lunch not included)
Free time in the afternoon for visits or trekking to viewpoint of the old cable car (40 mins go and back)
Return to the starting point and the car around 4:45pm
Transfer by car back to Arona.
Departure Point :Arona (or hotel pick-up if staying in Arona)
Departure Time :Between 8:30am and 9:00 am
Return Detail :Arona, Largo Duca d'Aosta, in front of the railway station, or back to your hotel if staying in Arona.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The tour begins approximately at about 8:30am and ending at 5pm
- Hotel pick up is available only if you are staying in one of the hotels in Arona
- Tour starts and finishes in Arona
- Each participant is responsible for their own equipment;
- Even in the summer or autumn season, even though there is no snow, there is the possibility to find some puddles on the trail, muddy terrain, snowfields and small streams to wade, so each participant must bring their own shoes and appropriate clothing.
- Any trekking takes place on secure paths, without any technical difficulty suitable for everyone including children;
- Programs may change due to weather conditions or in case conditions are not safe
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.