Two Volcanoes Hike in La Fortuna
• Departures:9:30 a.m. /
• Duration:10 hours
• Adult Rate:$75
• Child Rate:$60
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (hotels centrally located)
- On this intense and fun day you get to experience all of la Fortunas nature to the fullest. We start the hike going up a steep jungle trail that takes us to the top of the Chato Volcano. After about two hours of jungle workout we reach the top. From the crater edge we make our way down to get to the beautiful green lake.
Here you can enjoy the experience of swimming in an extinct volcano. After lunch we go down the Chato on the opposite side. The hiking gets lighter as we cross farmland to make it to the observatory park.
Here you pass two hanging bridges and visit the Danta river and waterfall. Along the way your guide will explains about the ecosystem, the volcanoes and the animals you can see. Amongst others we often see monkeys and tropical birds. Leaving the forest we reach the Arenal Observatory. In its little museum you can see the seismograph and we explain more about the volcano.
We finish the hike at the deck of the Observatory lodge. Here we enjoy the panoramic view of the volcano and Arenal Lake till the sun goes down. Transportation will be ready to take us down. On our way we will try to find the red eyed tree frog. To finish the tour in the most relaxing way we take you to the natural hot water river. We relax in its soothing warm water for about an hour and you can enjoy a volcanic mud facial and a complementary cocktail.
At about 8pm you´ll be back at your hotel to end your full la Fortuna experience.
Departure Point :Centrally located Fortuna hotels,
Departure Time :9:30am
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.