Umbria and the Etruscan Land Shore Excursion from Civitavecchia Port
Away from the hustle and bustle of the city. With pick up from the port of Civitavecchia. Let's explore the gems of Umbria together with a great food experience in the middle of the Tuscia Countryside, not forgetting the charm of two of the most representative and charming Etruscan towns of Italy. Orvieto, Civita di Bagnoregio, Tarquinia or Tuscania.
per adult from
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- English speaking Driver
- Commentary on board
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees (2 euro per person for Civita di Bagnoregio) + (5 euro per person for Ovieto Cathedral)
- Suggested lunch cost (about 25 euro per person)
- Meet your English speaking driver at 07.30 am on dock side! He will have a sign with your name on and, off you go!
Orvieto: After around 1 hour and 30 minute drive you will reach this enchanting town located on a volcanic hill in the Umbria Region. I cannot talk enough about it but just to give you some ideas in Orvieto you have one of the most amazing Domes of Italy (its frescos inside, mainly Signorelli’s, are just as top-notch as the Vatican ones), several Etruscan Museums, given its ancient origin, and spectacular views! You will be able to spend in Orvieto around 1.5 hrs!
Civita di Bagnoregio: You will reach Civita after 30 minute drive from Orvieto. The town is noted for its striking position atop a plateau of friable volcanic tuff overlooking the Tiber river valley, in constant danger of destruction as its edges fall off, leaving the buildings built on the plate to crumble. Well the description does not say a lot about the beauty of this place. I cannot add anything else also because you can Google it, see pics of it, but until you see it you cannot get it! So just come and be inspired! You need to be fit to reach the top of it.
At this point we will drive back towards the Maremma Countryside. A strip of land that runs among 3 of the most beautiful Italian regions: Umbria, Tuscany and Lazio. Here we will have the possibility to enjoy a faboulus lunch in a trattoria that will open only for us (own expense), if available on that day, where you can experience all the best dishes of the region, surrounded by nature, in a typical Italian family style. To die for!
Done with lunch and time permitting, we will have the possibility to eventually check out one in between Tuscania or Tarquinia, two amazing examples of the Etruscan tradition and civilization!
Of course this itinerary is flexible and indeed, the day of your tour, once picked up by your English speaking driver at the port, you will be able to discuss all options together and plan the day perfectly. For example choosing another spot for lunch and so on.
At 04:30 pm you will be back at the ship with no risk to miss it!
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Civitavecchia port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Departure Point :Civitavecchia port
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :We will drop you off right on the dock side, in front of your ship.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.