Walking Historical Tour
We started our discoveries in the Cinelândia square, where one of the most important buildings of 20th century art and culture is located. Following the footsteps of the water, we arrive at Aqueduto da Carioca, visiting the steps of Selaron and Metropolitan Cathedral. Leaving on the other side we head to Largo da Carioca and visit Cafeteria Colombo. Stop for coffee. Return to the metro station.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- Professional art historian guide
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Theatro Municipal do Rio de Janeiro, Praca Floriano Cinelândia, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20031-050 Brazil
Municipal Theater opened at the beginning of the 20th century during the first major reform of the city. Designed in the molds of the Opera de Paris, it has played an important role since the beginning of Rio de Janeiro and national culture, receiving on its stage important artists, orchestras and ballet companies.
Pass By: National Library (Biblioteca Nacional), Avenida Rio Branco 219, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20040-920 Brazil
National Library, also called National Library of Brazil, whose official institutional name is Fundação Biblioteca Nacional, is the depository of Brazil's bibliographic and documentary heritage, considered by UNESCO one of the ten largest national libraries in the world and the largest in Latin America.
Pass By: Carioca Aqueduct, Rua Riachuelo 27, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20230-010 Brazil
The role of the Carioca Aqueduct was to bring water from the source of the Rio Carioca, harvested in Silvestre near Santa Teresa, to the fountain at Largo da Carioca, thus supplying the city's population.
The Carioca Aqueduct was built in the 18th century, rebuilding the aqueduct after its iron cases deteriorated, the solid and safe form in stone and lime certainly mixed with whale oil, which were elements of the time that produced a very concrete alloy resistant, and widely used in the construction of forts, churches and durable buildings.
Pass By: Escadaria Selaron, Rua Joaquim Silva S/N, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20241-110 Brazil
The Selarón Staircase is an architectural work located between the neighborhoods of Santa Teresa and Lapa, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, decorated by long-standing Chilean artist Jorge Selarón, who declared it as a "tribute to the Brazilian people"
Departure Point :Cinelândia, Praça Floriano - Centro, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20031-050, Brazil
Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Porto Maravilha, R. Sacadura Cabral, 133 - Saúde, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20081-261, Brazil
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Rio in Tours tours operated by qualified, experienced and verbal fluent guides. All Co work are registered with the Ministry of Tourism. (CADASTUR).
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.