Walking Tour Arequipa Including Santa Catalina Monastery
Join this 2.5-hour walking tour of the beautiful city of Arequipa with the company of your professional tour guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2.5-hour walking tour
- English professional tour guide during the tour
- Hotel pickup walking
- Entrance fee (ticket for santa Catalina Monastery)
- English tour guide (in the Monastery)
- Entry/Admission - Monasterio de Santa Catalina
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transport (it is walking tour not by car)
- Entry/Admission - Historic Centre of Arequipa
- Entry/Admission - Iglesia de la Compania de Jesus
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Historic Centre of Arequipa, Arequipa Peru
Arequipa is located in the southwestern part of the country and is the second biggest city of Peru, with a population of almost one million. It is also the capital of the department of Arequipa, 663.8 miles (1,068km) from Lima. The city sits at an altitude of 2,325 meters above sea level in a mountainous desert in the western Andes, at the foot of El Misti Volcano.
El Misti is currently inactive, but had strong eruptions between the years 1438 and 1471. It is located between two small volcanoes, Chachani “The Bottom” and Picchu Picchu “The Top”. Both names come from the Quechua language from the Inca Empire. Arequipa has more than 80 volcanoes, most of which can be found in the Valley of the Volcanoes. Unfortunately the city was built on a very earthquake prone area and was completely destroyed by earthquakes and volcanic eruptions during the 1600’s.
Its colonial buildings were erected in ashlar (pearl coloured volcanic rock) which was used with abundance throughout the city, giving it the nickname of ‘The White City’. The historic center was named a World Heritage site by UNESCO in December 2000 due to its architecture and historical integrity. “The historic center of Arequipa is an example of ornamental architecture, representing a masterpiece of the European creative coalition and native characteristics.”
Generally considered the second most beautiful city in Peru after Cusco, Arequipa has attractions for all kinds of tourists, many of whom come to visit the Colca Canyon, the high volcanoes or just to walk around the colonial city.
The White City of Arequipa has become the center of economic growth in the south and is one of the most important milk producers in the country. This has allowed Arequipa to develop and grow in population and change over the years. In the mid-twentieth century there was an influx of immigration from the highlands and mountain areas, and now Arequipa’s population is a mixture of Spanish, indigenous and mixed.
The places you will visit during this tour are the oldest neighborhood of Arequipa, the first church built, classic Arequipa streets. You will also see lamas and alpacas, you will have time for optional shopping and enjoy free potato samples with typical sauces.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Arequipa Tour Tour Operator, Calle Jerusalen 311-A Segundo Piso Oficina Numero 6, Arequipa 04000 Peru
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Monasterio de Santa Catalina, Santa Catalina 301, Arequipa Peru
The tour guide will show you this small city
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Iglesia de la Compania de Jesus, Plaza de Armas, Arequipa Peru
We will pass by this beautifull church
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Plaza de Armas, Arequipa Peru
We will pass by main square of Arequipa
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Mercado San Camilo, Calle Nicolas de Pierola, Arequipa 04001 Peru
We will visit this traditional and ancient market of Arequipa
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hoteles that are in the Arequipa centre area - downtown
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Sun protect
- Don't wearing short clothes
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.