Wine & Tapas Tour: Taste the 12 D.O. of Catalunya!
No other food and wine tour will give you such a broad overview and tasting of all the key wines in the 12 Catalan D.O. This is nonetheless a fun class for foodies and winelovers of all levels, who want to learn about the local food culture and try the best wines in Barcelona!
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - Twelve Quality biodynamic, ecological and/or vegan cava, white wines, rose and red wines which are locally produced in Catalunya.
- Snacks - Tapas include local cheeses, olives, olive oil, jamon serrano and iberico, artichokes, anchovies, croquetas (menu varies depending on season. I can provide for dietary requirements so please ask!)
What's excluded :
- Join me on the most indepth Catalan wine tour with tapas in a real Barcelona neighbourhood.
This is Sant Antoni, the ancient food gateway to what is now a world capital of gastronomy!
I will take you on a tour of the best local bodegas (wine cellar bars) and tapas corners starting at the emblematic Sant Antoni market. There are 12 D.O. (wine growing regions) in Barcelona and we will try them all, focusing on a classic wine from each D.O., with seasonal tapas to match.
What's included: A tasting of 12 wines in 5 different venues, this means cava, white wine and rose as well as robust Catalan reds. There will be a pairing of traditional or modern tapas at each venue and I'll explain a bit about each dish (e.g. olives, local cheeses, olive oils, artichokes, jamon serrano and iberico, anchovies, croquetas, etc). We will finish the tasting at Uncorked Academy, my wine school where you can buy your favourite bottles from our Catalan wine journey to take home. Enjoy and learn about good wines in good company with good food!
• Uncorked Academy, Carrer del Farell, 12, bajos, 08014 Barcelona, Spain
• Appetizer - Olives, local cheeses, olive oils, artichokes, jamon serrano and iberico, anchovies, croquetas.
Departure Point :Els Tres Tombs, Ronda de Sant Antoni, 2, 08001 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :4/30/2019 - 10/19/2021
Thursday: 07:30 PM - 10:00 PM Sunday: 02:30 PM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.